What data do we collect
- your name;
- your contact information, that is your address, email address and telephone number;
- whether you participate in our lottery;
How we collect information about you
- From telephone or email enquiries we may receive when you contact us and from the membership form you fill in when you join.
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
- produce and deliver notifications about membership renewal and the AGM;
- keep you informed about important developments that affect the twinning association;
- inform you if you have won the monthly lottery;
- send you announcements, plans, trip details etc. in connection with our exchange visits
- The Twinning Association does not collect personal information through our website (www.streettwinningassociation.org.uk)
- The Twinning Association does not collect personal information through our Facebook page or Twitter account. We do our best to keep the information on our website and Facebook page as accurate as possible but have no control over the adverts and posts which are placed there by Facebook and Twitter themselves or Facebook and Twitter users . From time to time, photographs are taken at our events. If you do not wish us to use a photograph that has you in it then please let us know.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the issuing of information to you as and when necessary.
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us;
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Sharing your information
- We will give a copy of your name, address and telephone number to committee members who may need to contact you in connection with organising exchange activities or fund-raising events.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
- The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with necessary services or to respond to your inquiries.
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; und
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
We may also share your personal information with:
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data;
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances;
- Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
- We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will we keep your information?
- We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as you are a member of the twinning association. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Sites
- Our website may contain links to other sites, including via our social media buttons. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites and a link does not constitute an endorsement of that website.
- Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details, photos or e-mail address.
- Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
- If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.