Minutes of the committee meeting held in the John Webster room, Wednesday 7th February 2018 La réunion a commencé à 7.30 pm.
ACTUELLE: David Brunt (chairman), Tom Winn, Dianne Baker, Jacqui Chevalier, Katrina Dumontroty, Barbara Fry, Peter Fry, Reg Alford, Claire Axten, Marina Richards, Paul Badman, Barbara Cowell, Kay Strain
EXCUSES: Bernard Squire, Cages Butler, Sally Bois
- David welcomed everyone to the meeting.
David checked that everyone had read the minutes from the January meeting and signed them as a true record.
- Questions découlant
• The Committee thanked Claire for the delicious food she and her team provided at the Christmas party.
• Visit from our Isny twinners – in the January minutes it was said that costs would be more this year due to increased numbers travelling. This isn’t the case, it is due to the fact that they will be staying longer than on previous visits.
• Financial Presentation from David Atkins – Some of the committee felt it was quite difficult to set budgets, however it was agreed that whoever organises an event would present a preliminary budget to which, after approval by the committee, they would try to adhere. If there are any subsequent problems they would then refer back to the committee.
- Treasurers Report
• Bank accounts are healthy, although more fundraising would be helpful – see below.
• Bank Signatories – Barbara Cowell proposed that David Brunt was added to the signatory list, seconded by Marina Richards. David Brunt will be added and Bernard Squire’s name will be taken off. Marina to action.
- Visite de Gravenchon 2018
• 30th May – 3rd June. An early start on the Wednesday, returning late on Sunday night. Timings to be confirmed.
• Balance due by 14th March. Adults £125, Children £60. Katrina will send an email to all members.
• Strode College have said members can leave their cars in their car park – Katrina to confirm.
• One French family (Mum, Dad and two girls aged 10 et 15) are looking for a family to host. If you know of anyone please let one of the committee members know a.s.a.p.
- Visite de Isny 2018
• Visitors will be here for 7 days/6 nights and will be picked up from Heathrow Airport. They will visit Windsor on the way to Street and two day trips will be organised, one to the seaside and one to Bristol. There will also be some local activities.
• Barbara has estimated £2600-£3000 to cover costs.
• Itinerary and detailed costings will be available at the next meeting.
- Visitors Accommodation with Non-Members
• The choir/band from Isny are no longer coming with the group so no other accommodation will be needed.
- Website and Facebook
• Both being kept up to date.
• It is hoped that we will have an afternoon Strawberry Tea and a Cheese and Wine evening – David will check with the hosts and confirm at the next meeting.
• Events planned so far this year:
• June – Strawberry Tea
• 1st September – Merriman Park Fun Day
• 7th December – Street Christmas Cracker
• Reg suggested that an event with Glastonbury Male Voice Choir could be arranged next year. Date, venue etc. to be decided.
• If any members have any ideas for fundraising events please let one of the committee members know.
Winners this month:
1st Prize Avril Berry
2nd Prize David Brunt
3rd Prize Sam Richards
There was no other business and the meeting was closed.
Date of next meeting – Wednesday 7th March 2018