Procès-verbal de la réunion du Comité tenue à la Chambre John Webster mercredi 3RD
La réunion a commencé à 7.30 pm.
ACTUELLE: Bernard Squire, Tom Winn, Claire Axten, Paul Badman, Marina Richards, David Brunt, Sally Bois, Jacqui Chevalier, Katrina Dumontroty, Barbara Cowell, Dianne Baker, Cages Butler, Reg Alford, Kay Strain
: Barbara and Peter Fry
- Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Bernard checked that everyone had read the minutes from the January meeting and he signed them as a true record.
- Questions découlant
- BBQ at Elmhurst School for visitors from Gravenchon – the Association will pay for the food.
- Tree in Merriman Park – thank you to everyone who has been watering the tree, keep up the good work! The wording on the plaque is being re-done and should be read soon.
Marina circulated costings for the visit
- Treasurer's Report
, coach hire and the dinner dance
- Gravenchon Visit 2017
- Report – a card and an email were received from members of the association expressing their thanks for all the hard work everyone put in to the organising of this years’ visit and the 50e anniversary celebrations which everyone enjoyed immensely and was a huge success. Bernard and Tom also thanked everyone, the Meadway Hall looked fantastic, well done and thank you to everyone who helped. The event hosted by Street Parish Council at the Victoria Club was very successful and enjoyed by everyone.
- Date for 2018 visit to Gravenchon – it was agreed to travel in the last week in May (Wednesday 30e May – Sunday 3RD Juin), probably Portsmouth-Caen ferry. Marina will look at costings, Katrina and Tom will organise the transport.
- Visit to Isny 2017
- 1 person + 1 bag* £109.70
- 2 people + 1 bag* £202.40
The departure time has changed and will now leave at 7.40am
. Peter and Barbara will contact members visiting Isny with details of a meeting
Please note that payment is due by 30e June together with your passport details. Travel Insurance is not included therefore members will need to arrange their own cover.
Jacqui has put lots on Facebook and has set up Flickr for members to use
- Website and Facebook
(this is free to use
), please have a look and upload some photographs
. Peter Fry will put Flickr on to the website
03 Gill Daey
51 David Atkins
- Clocks – there are some of the 50e Anniversary clocks to be distributed, Katrina will ensure each twinning family gets one. A list will be needed from Sharon of the French twinners who also need to be given one of the clocks.
- Bernard thanked everyone for all their hard work and for the gift he received at the dinner dance.
- Tom said that a photograph from the tree planting in Merriman Park should appear in the Central Somerset Gazette soon. He will also contact the Mendip Times.
- David alerted everyone to the fact that lots of money had been spent recently and therefore we need to raise some funds. All suggestions welcome and will be discussed at the next meeting in June.
It was agreed to do the ‘Water or Wine’ at both events as this is a good fund raiser
- 2e September – Merriman Park Fun Day
- 2e December – Christmas Cracker 11am – 4.00pm
. Please start collecting your empty bottles
(screw top only
). Donations of bottles of wine are would also be very welcome and can be given to any member of the committee
There will be a Social Event in September
(date to be confirmed
); suggestions were – Cheese
& Wine Evening
, Barn Dance
, if you have any ideas please let us know
- Investiture- 25e May Strode Theatre, 7pm. 8/9 Committee members will be attending.
7e Juin 2017 at 7.30pm in John Webster Room, Paroisse Chambres
- Date of Next Meeting