First Prize 21 Stuart Baker Second Prize 28 Maureen Parfitt Congratulations 🙂
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held in the John Webster Room on Wednesday 11th November 2015. The meeting started at 7.40 pm. PRESENT: Bernard Squire, David Brunt, Claire Axten, Grace Squire, Katrina Dumontroty, Jacqui Knight, Marina Richards, Tom Winn, Dianne Baker, Gabbie Butler, Reg Alford, Sally Wood, Paul Badman APOLOGIES: Peter Fry, Barbara Cowell, Tina Della Valle, Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting. Bernard checked that everyone had read the minutes and he signed them as a true record. Matters Arising
- Lottery – Dianne explained what the lottery job entails. Tom Winn agreed to take it on. David will inform Mendip about the change. Bernard thanked Diane for all her hard work.
- Christmas Cracker – Katrina will organise. Claire will send an email to all members asking for people to offer slots and contact Katrina. Katrina will get the tables. Katrina will do a square chart for a ‘raffle’ using the Mary Berry book and other prizes saved from the car boot sale, Jacqui will organise lucky dip, Marina will get hook a duck prizes.
- Change of name with the bank – in hand.
- Tom Winn asked the question at the AGM because there was discussion about being a charity. Since we are an organisation and not a charity this is not in question. Tom asked whether the treasurer needed insurance to handle the money. It was decided that we do not need this at present.
- David reported that we have public liability insurance with Avalon Insurance who have now been taken over by Higos. They have added a £30 administration charge.
- Date – Wednesday 9th December. The Ashcott Inn was decided on. Marina took a £5 deposit from everyone. She needs menu choices this week.
- Dates of meetings for next year – the first Wednesday in the month. Claire will send a list.
Dear All On 3rd December the Twinning Association is running a stall at Street’s Christmas Cracker event. The stall will be in the Crispin Centre and we will be giving away small glasses of French wine and French cheese as well as running Hook a Duck and a Raffle. we will be giving out flyers to promote the Twinning Association and try to find new members as we have more French and German families wishing to twin. The event runs from 3.00 until 9.00 and setting up is from 1.00 onwards. There is a lot to do and we hope that members will come and help. Please would you consider giving an hour of your time to help us with this. If we have plenty of help then everyone can also enjoy the Christmas festivities during the afternoon and evening. Please could you offer one or more of these times: 1.00 - 2.00 (setting up) 2.00 - 3.00 (setting up) 3.00 - 4.00 4.00 - 5.00 5.00 - 6.00 7.00 - 8.00 8.00 - 9.00 Please reply to Katrina at Katrina@dumontroty.wanadoo.co.uk Hoping for lots of support!
1st Prize: Marissa Della Valle 2nd Prize: Les Perry Congratulations 🙂
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held in the John Webster Room on Wednesday 14th October 2015. The meeting started at 7.30 pm. PRESENT: Bernard Squire, David Brunt, Claire Axten, Barbara Cowell, Grace Squire, Katrina Dumontroty, Jacqui Knight, Paul Badman, Marina Richards, Tina Della Valle APOLOGIES: Dianne Baker, Gabbie Butler, Reg Alford, Peter Fry, Tom Winn, Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting Bernard checked that everyone had read the minutes and he signed them as a true record. Election of Chair – Bernard nominated by Claire, seconded by Marina Treasurer – Marina nominated by David, seconded by Tina Secretary – Claire nominated by Barbara, seconded by Katrina Dianne wishes to give up doing the lottery and we need someone to take it on. Refer to the next meeting when more people are present hopefully. The new constitution was shared and Bernard proposed and David seconded that this is the adopted constitution.
- There was a discussion about the fact that we have £14,000 in the fund and people have been dipping into their own pockets because they were under the impression that we had little money.
- Points were made that we need to know the true costs of the events that are put on.
- It is important that we continue to attend community events because it raises the profile of the association.
- It was suggested that the secretary should claim for stationery at the end of the year.
- In future we will set a budget for each event so that working groups can use this to produce an excellent result.
- We understand that we need to keep a reserve but it does not need to be as much as £14,000.
- This year we supported the visit from Gravenchon by paying for some of the items, the boat, the coach, the hire of the hall, the entertainment etc.
- It was suggested that we need extra insurance for handling money. This will be raised at the next meeting when Tom Winn is available.
- and c. Notification to all members. Claire will compile a form and a membership list request to be sent out as soon as possible. It will be circulated to committee members for agreement before sending out.
- it was agreed to ask members for a list of people who would like to come to Gravenchon. CA to send form to be returned by 18th We will ask for a deposit of £10 per adult and £5 per child by 15th January 2016, after Christmas.
- We do need some more people/families to twin.
- Pete and Barbara Fry, Sally and Barbara have agreed to form a committee to organise the visit.
- Date – Wednesday 9th December. Marina will book it and let people know. She will also organise Secret Santa.
- It was discussed that it would be good to have an event for all members, in the new year. This will be discussed at the next meeting.
Congratulations to: 1st Prize David Brunt 2nd Prize John Parfitt
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held in the John Webster Room on Wednesday 12th August 2015. The meeting started at 7.30 pm. PRESENT: Bernard Squire, David Brunt, Claire Axten, Barbara Cowell, Reg Alford,Tina Della Valle, Gabbie Butler, Rachel Axten-Higgs APOLOGIES:, Paul Badman, Dianne Baker, Rebecca Wells, Marina Richards, Grace Squire, Katrina Dumontroty, Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting Bernard checked that everyone had read the minutes and he signed them as a true record. Matters arising T-shirts – members gave their orders to Rachel. Lottery response – there have been no more takers. AGM
- Draft constitution – Claire presented a possible draft, and members went through it together. A few changes were suggested, these will be added and then the proposed constitution sent to committee members for checking, and then distributing to all members with the notice about the Party/AGM on 9th September. There will be a vote at the AGM to agree the Constitution.
- Membership list – to be compiled at the September meeting.
- Organisation of AGM/Party. Claire to send another email about party/AGM. Tina will purchase some wine and juice, we will serve teas and coffees. Claire will be responsible for food but we would welcome donations of snack food from members. The evening is for ALL MEMBERS. We hope that everyone will bring five photos of the French visit here and/or the Isny visit. Members are asked to say a brief word about them in order to share experiences.
- The August date would allow more families to be involved but it is in the middle of the summer holidays so may not be suitable for some
- The June date is only five days after the Twinning Group returns from France
- The June visit would be much cheaper for the Isny party and therefore for our association.
- Car boot sale – Claire, Rachel and David are happy to sell. PLEASE BRING ANYTHING THAT WILL SELL TO RACHEL AT 5, FOWEN CLOSE OR CLAIRE AT 25, CLOCKHOUSE VIEW by the end of August. (please note change of date as we do not have enough ‘stuff’ to sell yet! Thanks so much to those who have provided things so far.)
- Merriman Park Fun Day
- The stall will be Wine or Water and children’s games. Thanks to all those who have provided empty and full bottles of wine so far. We still need lots more!
- Wrapping of bottles will take place at Claire’s house, 25, Clockhouse View at 7.30 pm on Wednesday 2nd September. Please consider coming to help! ALL welcome.
- Volunteers – thank you so much to those who have volunteered so far but we still need more. The stall will be set up between 9 am and 11 am, and then it will run from 12 noon until 5.00 when it will need dismantling. If we have plenty of people they can do an hour or two each, enabling everyone to enjoy the rest of the Fun Day which has many attractions. If you are able to help please let Claire know, and give a preferred time.
- Please bring any bottle donations to Claire’s house before the end of August, if you would like them collected please contact Claire by email or phone 01458 840207
- The Parish Council Christmas celebration day will be 3rd December. We aim to have a stall as we did last year, to promote the Association. Please keep the evening free and come to help if you can. More details to follow.
- Date of next meeting: