First Prize 21 Stuart Baker Second Prize 28 Maureen Parfitt Congratulations 🙂
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held in the John Webster Room on Wednesday 11th November 2015. The meeting started at 7.40 pm. PRESENT: Bernard Squire, David Brunt, Claire Axten, Grace Squire, Katrina Dumontroty, Jacqui Knight, Marina Richards, Tom Winn, Dianne Baker, Gabbie Butler, Reg Alford, Sally Wood, Paul Badman APOLOGIES: Peter Fry, Barbara Cowell, Tina Della Valle, Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting. Bernard checked that everyone had read the minutes and he signed them as a true record. Matters Arising
- Lottery – Dianne explained what the lottery job entails. Tom Winn agreed to take it on. David will inform Mendip about the change. Bernard thanked Diane for all her hard work.
- Christmas Cracker – Katrina will organise. Claire will send an email to all members asking for people to offer slots and contact Katrina. Katrina will get the tables. Katrina will do a square chart for a ‘raffle’ using the Mary Berry book and other prizes saved from the car boot sale, Jacqui will organise lucky dip, Marina will get hook a duck prizes.
- Change of name with the bank – in hand.
- Tom Winn asked the question at the AGM because there was discussion about being a charity. Since we are an organisation and not a charity this is not in question. Tom asked whether the treasurer needed insurance to handle the money. It was decided that we do not need this at present.
- David reported that we have public liability insurance with Avalon Insurance who have now been taken over by Higos. They have added a £30 administration charge.
- Date – Wednesday 9th December. The Ashcott Inn was decided on. Marina took a £5 deposit from everyone. She needs menu choices this week.
- Dates of meetings for next year – the first Wednesday in the month. Claire will send a list.
Dear All On 3rd December the Twinning Association is running a stall at Street’s Christmas Cracker event. The stall will be in the Crispin Centre and we will be giving away small glasses of French wine and French cheese as well as running Hook a Duck and a Raffle. we will be giving out flyers to promote the Twinning Association and try to find new members as we have more French and German families wishing to twin. The event runs from 3.00 until 9.00 and setting up is from 1.00 onwards. There is a lot to do and we hope that members will come and help. Please would you consider giving an hour of your time to help us with this. If we have plenty of help then everyone can also enjoy the Christmas festivities during the afternoon and evening. Please could you offer one or more of these times: 1.00 - 2.00 (setting up) 2.00 - 3.00 (setting up) 3.00 - 4.00 4.00 - 5.00 5.00 - 6.00 7.00 - 8.00 8.00 - 9.00 Please reply to Katrina at Katrina@dumontroty.wanadoo.co.uk Hoping for lots of support!
1st Prize: Marissa Della Valle 2nd Prize: Les Perry Congratulations 🙂
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held in the John Webster Room on Wednesday 14th October 2015. The meeting started at 7.30 pm. PRESENT: Bernard Squire, David Brunt, Claire Axten, Barbara Cowell, Grace Squire, Katrina Dumontroty, Jacqui Knight, Paul Badman, Marina Richards, Tina Della Valle APOLOGIES: Dianne Baker, Gabbie Butler, Reg Alford, Peter Fry, Tom Winn, Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting Bernard checked that everyone had read the minutes and he signed them as a true record. Election of Chair – Bernard nominated by Claire, seconded by Marina Treasurer – Marina nominated by David, seconded by Tina Secretary – Claire nominated by Barbara, seconded by Katrina Dianne wishes to give up doing the lottery and we need someone to take it on. Refer to the next meeting when more people are present hopefully. The new constitution was shared and Bernard proposed and David seconded that this is the adopted constitution.
- There was a discussion about the fact that we have £14,000 in the fund and people have been dipping into their own pockets because they were under the impression that we had little money.
- Points were made that we need to know the true costs of the events that are put on.
- It is important that we continue to attend community events because it raises the profile of the association.
- It was suggested that the secretary should claim for stationery at the end of the year.
- In future we will set a budget for each event so that working groups can use this to produce an excellent result.
- We understand that we need to keep a reserve but it does not need to be as much as £14,000.
- This year we supported the visit from Gravenchon by paying for some of the items, the boat, the coach, the hire of the hall, the entertainment etc.
- It was suggested that we need extra insurance for handling money. This will be raised at the next meeting when Tom Winn is available.
- and c. Notification to all members. Claire will compile a form and a membership list request to be sent out as soon as possible. It will be circulated to committee members for agreement before sending out.
- it was agreed to ask members for a list of people who would like to come to Gravenchon. CA to send form to be returned by 18th We will ask for a deposit of £10 per adult and £5 per child by 15th January 2016, after Christmas.
- We do need some more people/families to twin.
- Pete and Barbara Fry, Sally and Barbara have agreed to form a committee to organise the visit.
- Date – Wednesday 9th December. Marina will book it and let people know. She will also organise Secret Santa.
- It was discussed that it would be good to have an event for all members, in the new year. This will be discussed at the next meeting.