Minutes March 2022

Minutes of the committee meeting held via Zoom.

Wednesday 23RD Mars 2022. The meeting started at 7.30pm.

  1. Welcome and apologies for absence:

ACTUELLE: David Atkins (chairman) DA, Barbara Fry (vice chairman) BF, Marina Richards (treasurer) MR, Peter Fry PF, Francis Knight FK (Stand-in Secretary), Catherine Atkins CA, Paul Badman PB, Kay Strain KS, David Mozley DM

EXCUSES: Jaqui Knight, Sally Bois

  1. Minutes of the meeting held on 23RD Février 2022: DA checked that everyone had read the minutes from the previous meeting and it was agreed that they are a true record. Signing of the minutes will take place at a later date.

  1. Matters Arising not on Agenda: None

  1. Chairman’s Report: DA will speak to the Parish Council in due course about the plaque. All other comments covered under later points.

  1. Secretary’s Report: Nothing to report other than those to be discussed under later points.

  1. Treasurer’s Report: Please see the financial report at the end of the minutes. A group of committee members have been looking at the finances of the Association and our level of reservesthey will report their findings to the committee at the April meeting.

Current account balance £xxxx

Deposit account balance £xxxx

  1. Membership & Member’s Welfare: Jacqui has posted a letter to Lloyd and Mary Hughes and has not heard back yet as to their Twinning intentions. We received news that former member Jim Lidgate has sadly passed away. PF is likely to attend the funeral and if he does he will represent the Association. DA has sent a card of condolence to Liz Lidgate on behalf of the Association.

  1. Visits: BF has received an email from Isny expressing their disappointment that they can’t visit us this year but they still feel it’s the right decision. They send their best wishes to everyone. BF has replied asking if they would like to set up a Zoom meeting but not heard back yet. Sharon has been in touch to say she’s had a good response from our French twinners about the trip we hope to make in October, she is visiting Street in April and will meet up to discuss further details then.

  1. Fundraising and Events: Bric-a-brac stall to be carried forward to later in the year. We have a confirmed stall at VicFest at the Victoria club on 2e Juillet – the focus of this will be promotional but we are able to borrow the Play your Cards right game from the Lions to help generate some interest around the stall, we may also do a tombola but this will be decided closer to the time. The possibility of a Strawberry Tea fundraising event in the summer will be discussed later.

  1. Site & Facebook: Nothing to report other than last month’s Minutes have been posted on the website.

  1. Publicity: Nothing doing on this until visits confirmed.

  1. Loterie: Congratulations to the winners of the March lottery draw. The numbers were drawn by Kay Strain during the zoom meeting.

1st Prize no.7 Tom Winn

2e Prize no.46 Gill Davey

3RD Prize no.2 John Parfitt

  1. AOB: Our next scheduled meeting clashes with an AGM of another group which some of our committee members have to attend so our meeting was rescheduled for Monday 25e Avril, once again via Zoom.

  1. Chairman’s Closing Remarks: DA thanked everyone for attending the meeting.

Meeting Closed at 7:50pm

Date of next meeting: Monday 25e Avril at 7.30pm

To be held via Zoom.

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont marqués *