One of the events during the visit of our Isny friends will be a barn dance. The tickets look like this: All "Twinners", including the French group, and their friends and well-wishers, are invited to this event on Sunday 12th June at 6:30pm in Compton Dundon Village Hall. Tickets available from David Brunt: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01458 443171
Bernard and Grace Squire received the Good Citizen Award for their loyal service to the Twinning Association over the last 25 years at the recent Parish Council Investiture of the new chairman. It was presented by Tim Rice, Chaise. Over 20 members of the association attended to support them. A great achievement!
Members of the twinning committee entertaining visitors from Gravenchon. They were here to talk to the Headteachers of Elmhurst School about setting up a new school link. [Awaiting full report]
First Prize – number 45 - Rachel Axten-Higgs Second Prize – number 28 - Les Perry
Procès-verbal de la réunion du Comité tenue à la Chambre John Webster mercredi 4e Mai 2016. La réunion a commencé à 7.30 pm. ACTUELLE: Bernard Squire, David Brunt, Claire Axten, Marina Richards, Tom Winn, Dianne Baker, Jacqui Chevalier, Reg Alford, Katrina Dumontroty, Cages Butler, Barbara Cowell, Grace Squire APOLOGIES:, Reg Alford, Peter Fry, Barbara Cowell, Katrina Dumontroty, Paul Badman, Sally Bois, Barbara Fry, Peter Fry
- Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Bernard vérifié que tout le monde avait lu les minutes et il les a signé comme un vrai record.
- Questions découlant
- Bank update. All banking on line is done. The last part of changing the name will be a letter giving the date that it has changed from.
- Membership Secretary – Katrina will update the list and sent it out to members. It is confidential.
- Parish Council Investiture – Bernard is receiving an award. He reiterated the fact that he is receiving the award on behalf of everyone.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Marina will send out the forms asking for the money whenever there is something organised.
- Members will be encouraged to pay by BACS, keeping each event separate.
- If cheques are written members will be asked to write each event name on the back.
- Members are requested to keep to deadlines. Otherwise places cannot be guaranteed.
- Twinning bags
- Visite de Gravenchon
- Visite de pairer Isny
- Tickets – Claire is keeping a list of those who have paid. Marina will send an email to all members promoting the dance. We really need more people to come. Gabbie will make a poster and one will be put up at the Meadway Hall, as well as other places.
- Preparation – a group will meet to work on this. The date was set for Monday 9e Mai, at Claire’s house, 25 Clockhouse View. ALL WELCOME - please bring ideas. The following meeting will be on Monday 23RD May at David’s house, 2, Brooks Road.
- Site, Facebook – Jacqui will readvertise the Ceilidh on Facebook.
- Merriman Park Fun Day is on 3RD Everyone agreed that we will do the water into wine stall again. Please keep the date free.
- We have received a cheque for £600 from the Parish Council.
- Date de la prochaine réunion: