April Minutes 2016

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held in the John Webster Room on Wednesday 6th April 2016. Das Treffen begann um 7.30 pm. VORHANDEN: Bernard Squire, David Brunt, Claire Axten, Marina Richards, Tom Winn, Dianne Baker, Paul Badman, Sally Holz, Jacqui Ritter, Barbara Fry, Denys and Yvonne Jones, Avril and William Berry APOLOGIES: Gnade Squire, Reg Alford, Peter Fry, Barbara Cowell, Katrina Dumontroty, Tina Della Valle, Käfige Butler 1. Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting. 2. A minute silence was held for Joan Jewell and Rocco Dam Brosia who have both passed away. 3. Bernard überprüft, dass jeder hatte die Protokolle zu lesen und er als ein wahrer Rekord unterzeichneten sie. 4. Matters Arising a No further progress with the banking but documents are signed and ready to go. Marina has also investigated BACs payments and forms are being completed for this. b Katrina, Claire and Tom met and worked through the lists. A number of people have been contacted and most have paid. Katrina has a master list. 5. Treasurer’s Report Not much to report. Still waiting for a few payments for membership and Gravenchon. 6. Visit to Gravenchon We will have 44 adults and 9 children going to Gravenchon. All have been in contact and most have paid. It was agreed that Tom Winn would deputise for Bernard during the visit. The coach will leave Avalon Coaches about 4.00 am but a letter will be sent to all those travelling in due course. 7. Visit from Isny twinners Bernard thanked Barbara and Peter for hosting the very successful coffee morning. A programme is attached to these minutes. If anyone would like to go on one or more of the visits please contact Barbara Fry on fry.barbara@gmail.com. Sally has a few final decisions to make on the Powderham visit and she will report at the next meeting. 8. Ceilidh – tickets are on sale and we want to encourage all twinners to come and to bring their friends. Offers for dessert/Cake – Dianne, Sally, Marine, Barbara F, Kay Winn, Grace. Dianne will organise a raffle and would like donations please. 9. Webseite, Facebook, Local Reach – Jacqui will advertise ceilidh on Facebook. Peter did an article in Local Reach – thanks to him. 10. Twinning bags – it was agreed to buy 200 bags and Claire will action this on her return from holiday. There was discussion about colour but in the end we decided to stay with black on unbleached cotton. 11. Lotterie 69 tickets have been allocated First Prize 4 Marina Richards Second Prize 69 Sally Holz 9. AOB a. Bernard has received a letter of resignation from Tina Della Valle. She has too many commitments for the committee. She will continue with the twinning events. We are all grateful for Tina’s dedication to the committee, Bernard will write to her and Marina will organise flowers. b. Investiture – Bernard has received a letter from Street Parish Council saying that he has been nominated for an award for all his work on the Twinning Committee. The investiture will be on 19th May and Bernard would like as many twinners as possible to attend. Please can you tell Bernard if you would like to attend as he has to give the numbers. c. Merriman Park Fun Day is on 3rd September. Everyone agreed that we will do the water into wine stall again. Please keep the date free. d. Tom asked about prizes given to Gravenchon schools. This is no longer done. e. Tom said that he has part of the old mural in his garage and discussion followed about what to do with it. Tom will keep it for now. 10. Termin der nächsten Sitzung: May 4th 2016, 7.30 in John Webster Room, Parish Zimmer.