Minutes of the Committee Meeting held in the John Webster Room on Wednesday 1st
The meeting started at 7.30 pm.
PRESENT: Bernard Squire, Tom Winn, Claire Axten, Peter Fry, Paul Badman, Marina Richards, David Brunt, Jacqui Knight, Katrina Dumontroty, Barbara Cowell, Dianne Baker, Gabbie Butler, Kay Strain
APOLOGIES: Reg Alford
- Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Bernard checked that everyone had read the minutes from the January meeting and he signed them as a true record.
- Matters Arising
- Tree in Merriman Park - a Liquidambar tree (a deciduous tree grown for their alternate, maple-like leaves which take on brilliant and long-lasting autumn colour) was suggested from the tree plan for Merriman Park. The cost is approximately £150 for the tree, stake, tie, plus £20 delivery and extra for planting. A plaque will need to be ordered (Marina offered to do this) and a rota will need to be set up for watering the tree when it is first planted. All were in agreement to go ahead with this. Planting will take place on Saturday 15th April at 2pm before the Parish event at the Victoria Club.
- Treasurer's Report
Nothing to report.
- Gravenchon Visit 2017
- Visitor List – Claire will check the list and email to everyone.
- Lunch at Longleat – there will be two sittings, 12 and 2pm and Claire will let everyone know which sitting they should go to. Claire will also send out details of lunch and ask for any dietary requirements.
- Clocks – It was agreed that just wording will be on the clock and the cost is approximately £4.90 each, 100 have been ordered.
- Party – the planning meeting went well and there were lots of good ideas. There will be a gold theme. The meal will be a main course followed by cheese & biscuits and cake. The next planning meeting is on Monday 6th March, 7pm at Claire’s house.
- Parish Council Event – will be held at the Victoria Club from 3 to 9pm and there will be barbecue. The Parish Council will present the visitors with a gift at this event.
- Visit to Isny 2017
Host families – no news yet, we are waiting to hear from Isny.
- Website and Facebook
Nothing to report.
First Prize 32 Kay Winn
Second Prize 29 Hazel Russell
- David reported that the two discs containing some artwork were missing. (since the meeting the discs have been found).
- Grant from Clarks – Claire will contact them and ask for the grant for this year.
- Katrina gave her apologies for the next meeting, she will be away.
- Kay gave her apologies for the next meeting and therefore Tom will take the minutes.
- Date of Next Meeting
5th April 2017 at 7.30pm in John Webster Room, Parish Rooms