Minutes of the Committee Meeting held in the John Webster Room on Wednesday 2nd November 2016. The meeting started at 7.30 pm.
PRESENT: Bernard Squire, David Brunt, Marina Richards, Tom Winn, Dianne Baker, Sally Wood, Paul Badman, Jacqui Knight, Reg Alford, Katrina Dumontroty, Barbara Cowell, Peter Fry, Avril Berry, Helen Cooper, Kay Strain
APOLOGIES: Claire Axten, Gabbie Butler
- Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Bernard checked that everyone had read the minutes from the October meeting and he signed them as a true record.
- Matters Arising
- Revised Constitution – after a short discussion it was agreed to defer signing until the meeting in January.
- Bags at Street TIC – Marina will need to raise in invoice for the TIC which they will then pay. More bags are needed, Sally to ask Claire to order more.
- Treasurer's Report
Marina reported that subscription payments are coming in via BACS. Katrina will email a reminder to members to make payment. Once list is complete membership cards will be issued.
- Gravenchon Visit 2017
The Mayor and her family (husband and two children) will need accommodation as will some others.
Jacqui will advertise on Facebook and the website for more host families. It was suggested that some families write a few lines about how the twinning works for them, how they accommodate visitors etc. These comments can be also be added to FB and the website.
Katrina will check that everyone is happy to host.
- Clocks – David produced some designs for the engraving of the clock. As the size of the clock is still unknown a decision will be made at the next meeting.
- Coach Parking at Strode for Longleat visit – this has been approved by Strode College. Marina will contact the Victoria Club and Clarks Village to ask if the coach could be left overnight.
- Visit to Isny 2017
Peter said there were 28 adults and 3 children (under 16), this includes 12 people new to the Isny twinning.
Various flight options were mentioned; it would be expensive to fly from Bristol. Peter will check with Easyjet once flights are available.
- Christmas Cracker
December. Sharon will get the wine – 6 white, 6 red and also the cheese. Katrina will sort the tables. Marina, Jacqui and Katrina will have a planning meeting and email a rota for people to sign up to help on the day.
Raffle prizes are needed, if anyone would like to donate then please let Katrina, Jacqui or Marina know.
- Website and Facebook
Jacqui has put quite a bit on the website and facebook recently. Twitter will be used more when there are events going on.
Tom has emailed the information for paying by BACS, please ensure your name is included in the text box. Alternatively, cheques will be accepted. Tom will email the forms.
First Prize 22 Hayley Rowden
Second Prize 66 Pauline Jones (donated back into the Twinning funds at Pauline's request).
Bernard read out a thank you note from Grace for the flowers and good wishes she received.
- Date of next meeting:
January 2017 7.30
in John Webster Room, Parish Rooms.