Minutes of the AGM Meeting held in Walton Village Hall on Wednesday 7th September 2016. The meeting started at 7.30 pm.
PRESENT: Claire Axten, Bernard Squire, Dianne Baker, Katrina Dumontroty, Catherine Atkins, Elizabeth Lidgate, Jacqui Knight, Emily Knight, Francis Knight, Isobel Knight, Tina Della Valle, David Brunt, Veronica Brunt, Mark Lewis, Jenny Lewis, Reg Alford, Gill Davey, Yvonne Jones, Denys Jones, Grace Squire, Hilary Mozley, David Mozley, Barbara Fry, Peter Fry, Rebecca Wells, Paul Badman, Marina Richards.
APOLOGIES: Maureen and John Parfitt, Tom and Kay Winn, Gabbie Butler, Avril and William Berry, Kay Strain, Rachel and Chris Axten-Higgs, Barbara and Martin Cowell
- Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- After discussion of the Constitution it was agreed that the three main posts on the committee should all have deputies. The meeting agreed to amend the Constitution as follows:
7 TRUSTEE MEETINGS
Trustees must hold at least 10 meetings each year. At their first meeting after the AGM they will elect a Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Deputy Treasurer, Secretary and Minutes Secretary. Trustees may act by majority decision.
- Nominations for the 2016/2017 Committee were: Reg Alford, Katrina Dumontroty, Dianne Baker, Jacqui Knight, Peter and Barbara Fry, David Brunt, Sally Wood, Bernard Squire, Claire Axten, Barbara Cowell, Tom Winn, Kay Strain, Marina Richards, Paul Badman, Gabbie Butler.
- Dates for the Gravenchon visit were confirmed as Wednesday 12th to Sunday 16th April 2017. The outline plan was shared:
- Wednesday – Guests arrive about 10.00 pm
- Thursday – Outing for everyone
- Friday – Day with families and Dance in the evening
- Saturday – Morning with families, 3 pm – 9 pm Parish Council event for all
- Sunday – Guests depart about lunchtime.
- Visit to Isny 2017
- Dates are confirmed as 24th to 29th August. It is too early to book flights but we will do so as soon as they become available. Barbara Fry will send an email to all twinners and we hope that new people consider coming.
- Peter Fry emphasised the importance of keeping an up to date membership list.
- The Water or Wine stall at Merriman Park was a success despite the weather, making £358. However there are lots of bottles left over. We have decided to have a stall at VicFest – the Victoria Club Fun Day on 24th September. We do need more help to work on the stall, with the bottles, hook a duck and selling our bags. Please consider whether you could give an hour or more to help with this, between 11.00 am and 5.00 pm. It would be great to have people who have not helped before, it is always good fun!
- Date of next meeting:
October 5th 2016, 7.30 in John Webster Room, Parish Rooms
All welcome.The formal meeting closed at 8.06 and everyone enjoyed chatting over drinks and savouries provided by the committee. Thanks to everyone who helped.