Bernard and Grace Squire received the Good Citizen Award for their loyal service to the Twinning Association over the last 25 years at the recent Parish Council Investiture of the new chairman. It was presented by Tim Rice, Chair. Over 20 members of the association attended to support them. A great achievement!
First Prize – number 45 - Rachel Axten-Higgs Second Prize – number 28 - Les Perry
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held in the John Webster Room on Wednesday 4th May 2016. The meeting started at 7.30 pm. PRESENT: Bernard Squire, David Brunt, Claire Axten, Marina Richards, Tom Winn, Dianne Baker, Jacqui Knight, Reg Alford, Katrina Dumontroty, Gabbie Butler, Barbara Cowell, Grace Squire APOLOGIES:, Reg Alford, Peter Fry, Barbara Cowell, Katrina Dumontroty, Paul Badman, Sally Wood, Barbara Fry, Peter Fry
- Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Bernard checked that everyone had read the minutes and he signed them as a true record.
- Matters Arising
- Bank update. All banking on line is done. The last part of changing the name will be a letter giving the date that it has changed from.
- Membership Secretary – Katrina will update the list and sent it out to members. It is confidential.
- Parish Council Investiture – Bernard is receiving an award. He reiterated the fact that he is receiving the award on behalf of everyone.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Marina will send out the forms asking for the money whenever there is something organised.
- Members will be encouraged to pay by BACS, keeping each event separate.
- If cheques are written members will be asked to write each event name on the back.
- Members are requested to keep to deadlines. Otherwise places cannot be guaranteed.
- Twinning bags
- Visit to Gravenchon
- Visit from Isny twinners
- Tickets – Claire is keeping a list of those who have paid. Marina will send an email to all members promoting the dance. We really need more people to come. Gabbie will make a poster and one will be put up at the Meadway Hall, as well as other places.
- Preparation – a group will meet to work on this. The date was set for Monday 9th May, at Claire’s house, 25 Clockhouse View. ALL WELCOME - please bring ideas. The following meeting will be on Monday 23rd May at David’s house, 2, Brooks Road.
- Website, Facebook – Jacqui will readvertise the Ceilidh on Facebook.
- Merriman Park Fun Day is on 3rd Everyone agreed that we will do the water into wine stall again. Please keep the date free.
- We have received a cheque for £600 from the Parish Council.
- Date of next meeting: