1st Prize: Marissa Della Valle 2nd Prize: Les Perry Congratulations 🙂
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held in the John Webster Room on Wednesday 14th October 2015. The meeting started at 7.30 pm. PRESENT: Bernard Squire, David Brunt, Claire Axten, Barbara Cowell, Grace Squire, Katrina Dumontroty, Jacqui Knight, Paul Badman, Marina Richards, Tina Della Valle APOLOGIES: Dianne Baker, Gabbie Butler, Reg Alford, Peter Fry, Tom Winn, Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting Bernard checked that everyone had read the minutes and he signed them as a true record. Election of Chair – Bernard nominated by Claire, seconded by Marina Treasurer – Marina nominated by David, seconded by Tina Secretary – Claire nominated by Barbara, seconded by Katrina Dianne wishes to give up doing the lottery and we need someone to take it on. Refer to the next meeting when more people are present hopefully. The new constitution was shared and Bernard proposed and David seconded that this is the adopted constitution.
- There was a discussion about the fact that we have £14,000 in the fund and people have been dipping into their own pockets because they were under the impression that we had little money.
- Points were made that we need to know the true costs of the events that are put on.
- It is important that we continue to attend community events because it raises the profile of the association.
- It was suggested that the secretary should claim for stationery at the end of the year.
- In future we will set a budget for each event so that working groups can use this to produce an excellent result.
- We understand that we need to keep a reserve but it does not need to be as much as £14,000.
- This year we supported the visit from Gravenchon by paying for some of the items, the boat, the coach, the hire of the hall, the entertainment etc.
- It was suggested that we need extra insurance for handling money. This will be raised at the next meeting when Tom Winn is available.
- and c. Notification to all members. Claire will compile a form and a membership list request to be sent out as soon as possible. It will be circulated to committee members for agreement before sending out.
- it was agreed to ask members for a list of people who would like to come to Gravenchon. CA to send form to be returned by 18th We will ask for a deposit of £10 per adult and £5 per child by 15th January 2016, after Christmas.
- We do need some more people/families to twin.
- Pete and Barbara Fry, Sally and Barbara have agreed to form a committee to organise the visit.
- Date – Wednesday 9th December. Marina will book it and let people know. She will also organise Secret Santa.
- It was discussed that it would be good to have an event for all members, in the new year. This will be discussed at the next meeting.