Congratulations to: 1st Prize David Brunt 2nd Prize John Parfitt
Minutes of the Committee Meeting held in the John Webster Room on Wednesday 12th August 2015. The meeting started at 7.30 pm. PRESENT: Bernard Squire, David Brunt, Claire Axten, Barbara Cowell, Reg Alford,Tina Della Valle, Gabbie Butler, Rachel Axten-Higgs APOLOGIES:, Paul Badman, Dianne Baker, Rebecca Wells, Marina Richards, Grace Squire, Katrina Dumontroty, Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting Bernard checked that everyone had read the minutes and he signed them as a true record. Matters arising T-shirts – members gave their orders to Rachel. Lottery response – there have been no more takers. AGM
- Draft constitution – Claire presented a possible draft, and members went through it together. A few changes were suggested, these will be added and then the proposed constitution sent to committee members for checking, and then distributing to all members with the notice about the Party/AGM on 9th September. There will be a vote at the AGM to agree the Constitution.
- Membership list – to be compiled at the September meeting.
- Organisation of AGM/Party. Claire to send another email about party/AGM. Tina will purchase some wine and juice, we will serve teas and coffees. Claire will be responsible for food but we would welcome donations of snack food from members. The evening is for ALL MEMBERS. We hope that everyone will bring five photos of the French visit here and/or the Isny visit. Members are asked to say a brief word about them in order to share experiences.
- The August date would allow more families to be involved but it is in the middle of the summer holidays so may not be suitable for some
- The June date is only five days after the Twinning Group returns from France
- The June visit would be much cheaper for the Isny party and therefore for our association.
- Car boot sale – Claire, Rachel and David are happy to sell. PLEASE BRING ANYTHING THAT WILL SELL TO RACHEL AT 5, FOWEN CLOSE OR CLAIRE AT 25, CLOCKHOUSE VIEW by the end of August. (please note change of date as we do not have enough ‘stuff’ to sell yet! Thanks so much to those who have provided things so far.)
- Merriman Park Fun Day
- The stall will be Wine or Water and children’s games. Thanks to all those who have provided empty and full bottles of wine so far. We still need lots more!
- Wrapping of bottles will take place at Claire’s house, 25, Clockhouse View at 7.30 pm on Wednesday 2nd September. Please consider coming to help! ALL welcome.
- Volunteers – thank you so much to those who have volunteered so far but we still need more. The stall will be set up between 9 am and 11 am, and then it will run from 12 noon until 5.00 when it will need dismantling. If we have plenty of people they can do an hour or two each, enabling everyone to enjoy the rest of the Fun Day which has many attractions. If you are able to help please let Claire know, and give a preferred time.
- Please bring any bottle donations to Claire’s house before the end of August, if you would like them collected please contact Claire by email or phone 01458 840207
- The Parish Council Christmas celebration day will be 3rd December. We aim to have a stall as we did last year, to promote the Association. Please keep the evening free and come to help if you can. More details to follow.
- Date of next meeting: