Minutes of Meeting – April 2015

Street Twinning Association Logo

Minutes of the Committee Meeting held in the John Webster Room on Wednesday 8th April 2015.  The meeting started at 7.30 pm. PRESENT: Bernard Squire, David Brunt, Claire Axten, Gabbie Butler, Marina Richards, Paul Badman, Reg Alford, Tina Della Valle, Barbara Cowell, Martin Cowell, Dianne Baker, Grace Squire, Vivienne Squire APOLOGIES, Joan Jewell, Phil Norton-Ashley, Rachel Axten-Higgs, Katrina Dumontroty Rebecca Wells
    1. Bernard welcomed everyone to the meeting.
    2. Bernard checked that everyone had read the minutes and he signed them as a true record.
    3. Matters arising:
      • T-shirts – left for next meeting when RAH is here
      • Charity status – next meeting.
      • Marina, Claire, Reg, David possibly Gabbie will help. Marina will borrow a barbecue and use her own, and source the food.
    4. Visit to Isny – 25th to 29th June
      • It was good to meet together with those who are going and to hear about past visits.
      • Claire will send payment requests to participants.  The cost is £183.85 per person plus £22 per person for those going on the minibus to the airport.
    5. Visit from Gravenchon
      • The committee agreed it was OK to buy supplies for decorating. If anyone would like to come and help prepare the hall on the Saturday please contact Claire for details.
      • Wine has been bought since Tesco had a 50% off and 25% off six bottles or more. The total cost was just under £200.  Claire will give David the credit card receipt.
      • David has most of the payments. They should be paid by 13th
      • Two groups need to be organised before the Bristol visit.
      • The French visitors will arrive at 6.30pm. Marina will ferry the driver to and from the B and B.
    6. Fund raising plans
    • Quiz at Victoria Club – Rachel and Katrina have met and planned the quiz. It is on 24th April at the Victoria Club at 7.30 pm.  Donations for the raffle would be welcomed.
    • Claire has written to the primary schools asking if they are having a summer fair and whether we can have a stall. No answers yet as it is the Easter holidays.
    • Car boot sale – It was agreed to start collecting sellable items for June/July. Please could all members do this.  More details to follow.
The committee is very keen to hear any ideas for fund raising from members please.
  • Lottery
1st - 61 - Mark Sumner 2nd - 28 - Maureen Parfitt

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *